How The First Two Weeks Went
My plan was to an update last week but before I knew it, I was two weeks in. This experiment has been going well. I have been eating good food and feeling better. Sometimes, due to limited choices, rushed choices, or ignorance I ate more vegetarian than vegan. One day, I am pretty sure that the tomato soup I ate had some kind of animal broth in it.
Staying away from meat and meat products has been pretty easy. However, everything has dairy in it! My first big vegan grocery shopping trip took two hours. Part of that was me just having fun wandering around (though I had very detailed meal plans) and part of that was reading labels. I recently found and downloaded an app on my phone that is supposed to help you identity vegan and vegetarian products more easily.
I have had fun eating these past two weeks. I haven’t been journaling my food or counting calories, just eating till I am satisfied. I have found some really delicious recipes and products. I have had to go to the grocery store a lot more because I am eating fresh foods and eating more at home. One thing I love but has a ton of calories in it is the Bear Naked Fit Granola, Triple Berry Crunch (vegetarian). I was eating it with Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk and even though I love it, it’s not worth the calories.
New Products I tried
- Bear Naked Fit Granola, Triple Berry Crunch (vegetarian)
- Amy’s Butternut Squash Soup
- Annie’s Goddess Dressing
- Wild Harvest Chipotle Black Bean Burgers
- Red Pepper Hummus with Carrots and Celery
- Soft Tacos. Recipe here.
- So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Chocolate Frozen Dessert
- Iced Caffe Americano (expresso, water, and ice)
- Naked Juice Smoothies
New Foods/Meals For Next Week
- So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
- A Homemade Version of Panera’s Mediterranean Sandwich
- Almond-Banana Smoothie
- Seasoned Fries
- Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook By Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
Cookbook To Purchase Next
- But I Could Never Go Vegan! By Kristy Turner
- We produced less trash per week
- I lost three pounds
- My skin looks pretty good
- My husband ate fruits and vegetables pretty much everyday