I got this recipe from one of the professors in my department. The soup is vegan (depending on what your salsa and vegetable broth have in it). The salad is from Target and is really good but the dressing (and maybe the tortilla strips) contains eggs and milk.
- 1 quart vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/3 white onion (peeled, diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled, cut into coins)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cans black beans (drained and rises)
- 1 jar salsa
Directions (slow cooker)
- Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours or until carrots are soft.
- Boil vegetables in broth until softened.
- Add beans and salsa and heat.