Sour Cream Sheet Pan Pound Cake With Lemon Glaze
Sour Cream Sheet Pan Pound Cake With Lemon Glaze.
Credit: Paula Dean’s Sour Cream Pound Cake and Call Me PMC Sheet Pan Pound Cake
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup room temperature butter (I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and Earth Balance Organic Buttery Spread)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Sift the baking soda and flour together.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a greased dark sheet pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. (I baked mine for 41 minutes).
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons butter (I used Earth Balance Organic Buttery Spread)
- Melt Butter
- Combine all ingredients and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Once cake is cooled, pour warm glaze over top.