I love yakisoba. My grandmother and my mom make it and use the Bulldog Worcestershire Sauce . You can make your own yakisoba sauce but if you can find the Bulldog brand, I highly recommend it.
I was taught to make yakisoba with cabbage, egg, onion, and hotdog weenies (it is also good with chicken). I only had carrot and onion this particular day so that’s what I used with the spaghetti squash noodles. Next time I will scramble an egg and add meat. This was a super quick and easy way to make a healthier version of yakisoba. Of course, if you’re concerned with the amount of sodium, use less sauce than me. I cooked the spaghetti squash in my slow cooker the day before but you can microwave or bake the squash.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (cooked and shredded)
- 1/2 Onion (chopped or sliced)
- 1 Carrot (julienned)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Yakisoba Sauce (or to taste)
- Cook and shred spaghetti squash. If you want to cook and shred the squash beforehand instead of microwaving or baking the same day, see Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Julienne carrot and chop onion
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to pan or wok and heat over low-medium, add onion and sauté
- Add carrot to pan
- Turn heat up to medium-high
- Add shredded spaghetti squash to pan and pour yakisoba sauce over noodles and stir until sauce has evenly coated
- Cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are warm.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.