I really like my mom’s chicken salad with grapes and ranch seasoning. But, I didn’t have any grapes so I went to Recipe Puppy, typed in the ingredients I had on hand and a chicken salad recipe that used honey mustard came up. I was a little scared at first, so I made a small batch. I added apple pieces and made my own honey mustard sauce. I think this chicken salad is great with crackers or would make a great sandwich (add a piece of romaine lettuce and a few slices of tomato). It is a quick and easy lunch that isn’t too terribly unhealthy. Here is my take on the recipe.
- 1 can (12.5 ounces) Organic Canned Chicken
- 1 medium Fuji Apple
- 1/2 cup walnut and pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons (rounded) yellow mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Drain chicken and shred using two forks.
- Peel (optional) and chop Fuji apple into small chunks.
- In a small bowl combine yellow mustard and honey. The consistency should be a little runny. Add more mustard or honey depending on your “honey mustard” preference.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. For a creamery consistency, you may want to add more mayonnaise.