I have been making taco salads (sans taco shell) and had left over black beans, Rotel, and corn. So of course, I consulted Pinterest. Tex-Mex Chicken Chili is similar to mine (and everyone else’s) Taco Soup. However, this rich recipe eliminates the need for sour cream and shredded cheese. You could actually drain all your canned vegetables and make this into more of a dip for tortilla chips or as a rice pilaf topper. It is delicious, spicy, and filling. You could make it vegetarian by adding more black beans and Rotel, including some chopped onions and obviously leaving out the chicken. This recipe made about nine cups.
Ingredients For Soup
- 1 can (12.5 ounces) Organic Canned Chicken (drained)
- 1 block (8 ounces) Original or Light Cream Cheese
- 1 can Corn (drained)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Ranch Dressing Powder Packet
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- For easy clean up, use a slow cooker liner.
- Allow cream cheese to soften or cut into cubes.
- Break up canned chicken (I did not do a good job of this, see photos).
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Heat on low for four hours or till warm and ready to serve. I allowed mine to cook for about two hours, stirred contents, cooked for an additional 2 hours and then left on warm for another two hours.