I haven’t been eating pasta or bread recently. I really don’t crave them anymore but I decided to make some pasta and warm up part of a jar of spaghetti sauce. I had leftover cooked pasta and uncooked pasta and started thinking about some things in my freezer and refrigerator that I wanted to use up. A while back I bought a bag of Simply Balanced organic mixed vegetables from Target and I had a bottle of Olive Garden’s Italian dressing that I was tired of seeing every time I opened the refrigerator. So, I thought I would cook the rest of the pasta, mix it all up, and see how it tasted. It was delicious and since it makes about seven cups, I have been eating it for a few days now. I actually stopped typing and walked into the kitchen to get some and am now eating it while posting this.
- 6 cups rotini
- 2.5 cups (12 oz bag) mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 cup italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and place into a large bowl.
- Microwave frozen vegetables. Drain and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add vegetables to pasta, stir and pour in italian dressing while stirring mixture.
- Add italian seasoning while stirring mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
According to my calculations, this recipe yields about 7 cups. A one cup serving has 297 calories, 10 grams of fat, 44 carbs, 3 grams of fiber, and 7 grams of protein.