It’s Fall y’all! This is the time of year where I get to drink and eat pumpkin flavored everything. I took a healthy pumpkin spice muffin recipe from BreeLovesBeauty and made it less healthy. These muffins are great for breakfast with a cup of black coffee. They are really simple to make and pretty tasty. According to my calculations, it’s about 355 calories and 38 carbs per muffin.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin canned pie filling)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 packets of Splenda
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (about a pinch)
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda (about a pinch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wisk eggs in a bowl, add all other ingredients and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Line muffin tray with paper cups and pour mixture to 3/4 cup full. Makes 7 standard sized muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or when toothpick appears clean when inserted.