So easy and delicious! You can use ground beef or ground turkey with taco seasoning. I make a homemade taco seasoning. Both the Gimme Some Oven and Rachel Cooks recipes I have used in past recipes are great. This would also be a great vegetarian recipe if you substituted the meat with a crumbled black bean burger. Make ahead of time, reheat, and top with desired toppings for easy lunches or dinners.
- Yam or Sweet Potato
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Ground Beef or Turkey or Black Bean Burger (crumbled)
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Prepare ground beef or turkey with taco seasoning. (I made my taco seasoning and prepared the ground beef beforehand and then just warmed it up.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke holes on all sides of sweet potato. Microwave sweet potato for five minutes or use potato button on microwave.
- Cut open sweet potato and carefully stir up contents.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place sweet potato on foil.
- Place ground meat and shredded cheese in sweet potato.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
You’re right, this does look easy and delicious.
This post would make a great addition to Our Growing Edge, a monthly blog link up just for new food adventures. It’s a fun way to share your new food experiences with other foodies. This month’s theme is WORK DAY EATING which includes any recipe or food experience suitable for the work day such as lunch, snacks or easy meals.
More info including how to submit your link here: http://bunnyeatsdesign.com/our-growing-edge/
Sounds awesome! I will check that out!
This looks really tasty, I definitely have to try it 🙂
It was really good and so easy! I look forward to checking out your blog!
LikeLiked by 1 person