So easy and delicious! You can use ground beef or ground turkey with taco seasoning. I make a homemade taco seasoning. Both the Gimme Some Oven and Rachel Cooks recipes I have used in past recipes are great. This would also be a great vegetarian recipe if you substituted the meat with a crumbled black bean burger. Make ahead of time, reheat, and top with desired toppings for easy lunches or dinners.
- Yam or Sweet Potato
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Ground Beef or Turkey or Black Bean Burger (crumbled)
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Prepare ground beef or turkey with taco seasoning. (I made my taco seasoning and prepared the ground beef beforehand and then just warmed it up.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke holes on all sides of sweet potato. Microwave sweet potato for five minutes or use potato button on microwave.
- Cut open sweet potato and carefully stir up contents.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place sweet potato on foil.
- Place ground meat and shredded cheese in sweet potato.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!