Recently, I was browsing Pinterest and came across a recipe claiming two ingredients could make delicious, healthy muffins. After making a gunky mess, it was confirmed that in this case, it was in fact untrue. I ended up with a batter so thick there was no way I was going to get muffins as promised so I added some ingredients and ended up with these pumpkin-cake-textured muffins that are pretty good, especially with a cup of coffee.
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix
- 15 Ounce Can of Pure Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Splenda Packets
- 1 Tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan cups with non-stick spray or line with muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk two eggs. Add spice cake mix, pure pumpkin, and beat mixture with a hand mixer.
- Add three Splenda packets, nutmeg, cinnamon, water, and beat until smooth.
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture into muffin pan cups ( I ended up with 18 muffins).
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from muffin tin and place on wire rack to cool.