This recipe comes from Blogilates. I love all things pumpkin and wanted to give this recipe a try. I used Silver Hills Sprouted Whole Grain Little Big Bread. I’ve been reading Michael Pollan’s book In Defense of Food which has really freaked me out (all this processed food is killing us) so I tried to find a bread with real ingredients. The Blogilates recipe says to use coconut oil on medium-low heat but my slices got really soggy so I suggest using medium (or even medium-high) heat and not placing the slices in the pan until the pan is really warm. Also, wait till your pan is warm before dipping your bread in the pumpkin mixture (I dipped mine and let them sit, which probably contributed to the sogginess).
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 packet of stevia
- Mix the egg, almond milk, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and stevia in a bowl til smooth.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and set to medium heat.
- Once the pan is warm, dip the bread slices in the mixture and fully cover each side.
- Place the bread slices into the pan.
- Once one side is brown, flip slices over.
- Once both sides are brown, serve with maple syrup (and you could dust on a little powdered sugar or just skip both and add more cinnamon).