I found this recipe from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam via Pinterest. I had some pecans and dried cranberries leftover from when I made broccoli salad and I have been using them on salads with grilled chicken and poppyseed dressing. But I saw this recipe and thought, “I need to get rid of the craisins and pecans, so I need to make these muffins.” The original recipe is a little different than my rendition, for one, I added dried cranberries. These taste like mini pecan pies. They do not puff up very much. I ended up with enough batter for 11 regular-sized muffins (they filled up about half of the baking cup). According to my calculations, they are about 293 calories each, but well worth it.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 2/3 cup melted Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread (or butter)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and pecans.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs with a mixer.
- Mix melted butter and eggs well.
- Add butter and eggs mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until moist.
- Grease muffin pan well or use baking cups (and spray Pam into each baking cup).
- Bake at 350° for 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- If you used baking cups, leave muffins in muffin pan to cool or transfer to a rack. If you did not use baking cups, remove muffins from muffin pan and allow to cool on rack.