Here are three vegan-friendly potato recipes that are really easy and delicious.
This recipe comes from my Aunt Susan. This is so easy and so tasty. I used both red and russet potatoes that my parents grew in their garden. Any leftovers are great reheated and served for breakfast this next day.
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into small wedges and place into a 3-quart glass pan.
- Lightly pour olive oil on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- With hands or spatula, toss potatoes until coated well.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- Earth Balance Organic Buttery Spread or butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat, and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until fluffy.
- Add melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Depending on your preference you may want to add more salt, garlic or butter. Just taste and adjust.
Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe comes from Minimalist Baker. I didn’t make the no-honey mustard sauce. I mixed honey and yellow mustard together for dipping. I also forgot to take a picture.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Toss sweet potatoes in oil until all sides are well coated. Season with salt and pepper and toss once more, then arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes, or until golden brown and tender, flipping once at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
love this! simple and easy to make! thanks for sharing this…
Just started following, I have a recipe/lifestyle blog as well 🙂 http://www.veganneeds.com
Thank you! Followed you, look forward to reading.
LikeLiked by 1 person
yumm!! easy and delish 🙂
Loving your posts on aspoonfulofnature.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much!!!