It’s Fall y’all! This is the time of year where I get to drink and eat pumpkin flavored everything. I took a healthy pumpkin spice muffin recipe from BreeLovesBeauty and made it less healthy. These muffins are great for breakfast with a cup of black coffee. They are really simple to make and pretty tasty. According to my calculations, it’s about 355 calories and 38 carbs per muffin.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin canned pie filling)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 packets of Splenda
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (about a pinch)
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda (about a pinch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wisk eggs in a bowl, add all other ingredients and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Line muffin tray with paper cups and pour mixture to 3/4 cup full. Makes 7 standard sized muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or when toothpick appears clean when inserted.
love how many related recipes are popping up all over wordpress…goes to show that we’re really right in the heart of autumn! (this looks so yummy and decadent btw!)
I agree. This is a “healthier” recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. For 355 calories, they are pretty good and filling.