Copyright © Self Magazine
This is a modified version of a Self Magazine recipe. It turned out amazing. Instead of roasting in an oven I used the slow cooker. The pork tenderloin was super tender and the combination of spices, sweet potatoes and apples was perfect. For around $15, you can get about 6 servings. We added a side of green beans. Also, if you don’t already use slow cooker liners, you need to start. They are awesome.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp thyme, ground or chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (I used Publix brand pancake syrup)
- 2 tsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 large Fuji apples, cored, cut into 1 inch wedges
- Place slow cooker liner inside slow cooker. Pour in water.
- Rinse off pork tenderloin and place inside slow cooker.
- Add olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, syrup, and whole-grain Dijon mustard. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add sweet potatoes and apples and let cook for 1 hour. When I added the potatoes and apples I put the slow cooker on high.
- Once the potatoes and apples become tender, put the slow cooker on warm until you are ready to serve.