This recipe is much more flavorful that I thought it would be when I first read it. I modified the recipe from Nouveau Raw. First, the “pasta” is made from raw spiralized zucchini. I do not have a spiralizer so I just peeled and chopped my zucchini into thin strips. So I really did not eat “pasta.” It was really spicy and I added grilled chicken to it which I liked. It was very easy to make. I think until I get a spiralizer, I will leave out the zucchini and serve it as a side dish with grilled tilapia or chicken. If you are dieting and are tired of eating salads with grilled chicken on top, this would be a great option for you.
- 1 medium to large zucchini, spiralized or chopped in thin strips or optional
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 9 ounces of Broccoli Spears, chopped (I used one 9 ounce frozen package of Green Giant Broccoli Spears)
- 5 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Pinches Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- Lemon Zest, for garnish, optional
- Spiralize your zucchini, creating “noodles”. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a potato peeler. Sprinkle salt on your “noodles” and let them soften while you gather all the other ingredients today. The salt will help to release water from the zucchini, which will soften it. This isn’t necessary if you are short on time or want more of a crunch
- Combine the tomatoes, broccoli, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt, and oil. Toss to coat.
- Place the mixture on top of the zucchini and sprinkle salt and pepper.