My husband, who loves all things barbecue, came up with this pulled pork pizza recipe. It had the perfect sauce consistency, flavor combination, and texture. I highly recommend using pre-made dough from the grocery store bakery. The dough from Publix bakery was great. This time we used a Carolina style sauce. Matt plans on trying different types of sauces, pulled pork, and cheeses. Next round: nacho cheese instead of cheese dip and pulled pork from a local restaurant.
- Pre-made dough, or pizza crust
- 1/4 cup cheese dip (we used Gordo’s Mild Cheese Dip)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (we used Sticky Fingers Carolina Classic)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked pulled pork (we used Curly’s Sauceless Pulled Pork)
- Preheat the oven to whatever the dough you purchased requires. Ours said 400 degrees.
- Roll out the dough, place on a greased pan (we used a 12 inch perforated pizza pan).
- Microwave the cheese dip so that it is spreadable. Use a plastic spatula spoon to spread a thin layer of cheese dip onto the dough leaving about a half inch edge all around.
- If you use precooked, refrigerated pulled pork from the grocery store, microwave as required on the package and then spread it thinly over the cheese dip.
- In a spiral, pour about a half cup of barbecue sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and spiral another half cup of barbecue sauce.
We baked the pizza for about 12 minutes but our oven loves to burn things so you may need to leave your pizza in the oven longer. We let the crust get a little crispy and made sure the cheese was melted and some parts of the pizza had browned.