I am late to the game. I am pretty sure my aunt, my mom, and my sister-in-law have made these. I decided to switch up my daily breakfast, and try this recipe. The recipe is easy and the sausage balls are pretty good. The original recipe said to use a cooking scoop to make the balls but I rolled them in my hands. I also used ground Italian sausage.
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and drained (I used Italian)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup milled flax seeds
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Allow cream cheese to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the sausage and drain. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooled sausage and cream cheese until
- Stir in the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, shredded cheddar and egg.
- Grease a baking sheet. Make balls about an 1.5″ in diameter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.