I was in the mood to bake. I went to Pinterest to search for cookie recipes. This recipe, care of High Heels and Grills, made the chewiest cookies. They are not too sweet and I definitely plan to use the dough recipe with other kinds of flavoring and toppings in the future. I used about 14 tablespoons of Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread instead of salted butter and baked the cookies a little longer than suggested in the original recipe. I think the secret to baking cookies is always taking them out of the oven when they appear golden but still a little mushy in the center and then allowing them to sit on the pan till they deflate and cool a bit. In my experience, this always results in a chewier, softer cookie. This recipe yielded 40 cookies, which according to my calculations, are about 100 calories per cookie. This was not a difficult recipe to follow and the cookies are delicious.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (I used 12 tbsp of a vegan buttery spread instead of 16 tbsp of regular butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar, divided
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Then set aside
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together
- Using a silicone spatula, mix the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar together until pale yellow
- Mix eggs into butter and sugar until well combined
- Add flour mixture (1/2 cup at a time) to the mix of eggs, butter, and sugar, until dough forms
- Shape dough into 1 3/4 inch balls and roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet about 3 inches apart
- Bake 10-12 minutes (I took mine out when they appeared golden but still a little mushy in the center. Then I allowed them to sit on the pan till they deflated and cooled a bit)
- Allow cookies to cool a bit and then using a slotted spatula, move cookies to drying rack to fully cool
We just put up a snicker-doodle recipe too!!
I will buy some cream of tartar and try your recipe next!
LikeLiked by 1 person