- 12-1/3 ounces Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 cup (measure dried) Wakame Seaweed
- 4 quarts water
- 19-1/5 tablespoons Miso Paste
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup wakame seaweed and cover with cold water. Allow to soak for 4-6 minutes.
- While seaweed is soaking, fill a large pot with 4 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- Add tofu and seaweed and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of miso paste into another small bowl. Using a ladle pour some of the water from the pot into the small bowl and use a fork or spoon to gently dissolve the miso paste.
- Once dissolved, stir the dissolved miso paste into the pot mixture. Repeat this process. After the tenth tablespoon has been mixed in, begin to taste the pot mixture and continue adding the dissolved tablespoons of miso paste until desired flavor is reached.
- Reheat pot if necessary, serve hot.