Lazy Girl's Ramen Recipe
Ramen Recipe Using Leftover Seasoning Packets.
- Pork Shoulder
- 14.5 Ounces Beef Broth
- 2 Eggs (Hard-Boiled)
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 8 Ounces Ramen Noodles (I used Chinese noodles Wei-Chuan Organic Lanzhou Ramen)
- 4 Cups Water (For Noodles)
- 3 Beef Flavored Instant Ramen Noodle Packets
- 1-1/2 Cup Chicken Broth (For Ramen Broth)
- 4-1/2 Cups Water (For Ramen Broth)
- 1 Sheet Nori (Sushi Roll Seaweed)
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rinse pork shoulder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a slow cooker liner bag in slow cooker.
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker and add beef broth.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Once your pork shoulder is done, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate to cool.
- Place a colander over a large bowl, pour liquids from slow cooker liner bag through the colander. You will use this liquid to boil the noodles.
- Once pork is cooled, break into pieces and remove fatty parts.
- Boil the eggs. Allow to cool and remove the shells.
- Fill a pot with 1-1/2 cups chicken broth and 4-1/2 cups water. Heat over medium heat and add seasoning packets.
- In a pan or wok, add sesame oil and heat over medium heat.
- Fill a large pot with slow cooker liquids and 3 cups water. Start bringing to a boil.
- Once pan or wok is warm, place pork in a thin layer. Allow to sear on one side.
- Once water in large pot comes to a boil, add noodles and cook according to package.
- Turn pot with seasoned broth down to low heat.
- Flip pork over to other side or if using a wok, lift and shift pork around.
- Once noodles are done, drain.
- Slice eggs in half.
- Cut nori sheet into pieces.
- Divide seasoned broth into four bowls. Add noodles (unless you want to dip noodles instead), pork, egg slice, nori, and 1/2 teaspoon of hot chili oil to each bowl.
- Drizzle with soy sauce if desired.