Japanese Fried Pork Fillets.
Credit: Chopstick Chronicles
- Pork Fillet (sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cups Japanese Panko Crumbs
- Vegetable Oil
- Cut the pork fillet it even-sized slices.
- Set out three bowls, one for flour, one for egg, and one for the Panko crumbs. Make sure you whisk your eggs well.
- Coat each fillet first in flour, then egg, the crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or deep skillet. Do not allow heat to become too high or you will burn the outside before the inside is done.
- Toss a little flour in the pan to see if the oil is warm enough and place fillets in the oil.
- Once crispy and golden brown, flip fillet onto the other side.
- Once that side is crispy and golden brown, place fillet on a towel lined plate and use a thermometer to ensure each fillet is fully cooked (approximately 170-177°).
- Serve the pork fillets with rice, vegetables, and enjoy!