Japanese Rice Ball.
- 1-1/2 cups Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Sheet Nori Seaweed
- Desired Fillings, Toppings, or Mixers (rice seasoning, miso paste, salmon, cucumber, etc.)
- Prepare rice using the instructions on the package on the stovetop or in a rice cooker. Allow rice to sit for a few moments after cooking is complete.
- Place rice on plate or container in a thin layer to cool.
- Using kitchen scissors cut nori into thin strips.
- If you want to mix in rice seasoning, sprinkle on top of a small section of rice. Wet hands and mold rice into triangular or cylindrical shape.
- If you want to add inside filling, wet hands and place a bit of rice (decide the amount based on the size of your filling) on another plate. Place filling in the center and then add another bit of rice on top. Wet hands again and begin molding the ball into shape.
- Set aside. Repeat. The amount of rice balls will depend on what size you prefer to make them.
- Dry hands.
- Use nori as you like. With the rough side down, wrap around the center or around the edges. Add a drop of water to nori ends to make them stick together.