This is a modified recipe from Gimme Some Oven. I used an entire bag of frozen peas. Don’t do that unless you really love peas. Because I live with an onion hater I didn’t use onions but I know that would have been delicious and added to the flavor of this dish. I didn’t have carrots so that’s why the carrots were not included. I topped with soy sauce, delicious!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 6 Ounces Frozen Peas (about 1/2 bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Peas)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Cups Cooked Quinoa (I cooked in a rice cooker beforehand)
- 5 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Bag Cooked Frozen Shrimp, thawed and tails removed
If you don’t live with an onion hater, use one chopped onion.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add eggs and scramble. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add garlic powder. Add peas, season with salt and pepper, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. If using onion, add in with peas, saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and then add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add shrimp, increase heat to high. Immediately add the cooked quinoa, soy sauce sauce, and stir until combined.
- Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the quinoa. Add in the eggs and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, stir to combine, and remove from heat. Serve warm, top with more soy sauce or shrimp sauce.