The original recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman which I followed exactly (except for the green onions- I have an onion hater in my midst) and I used Ramen Noodles. The four cloves of chopped garlic was a little much. Below is how I plan to make this dish next time. I added and changed a few ingredients. Vegetarian and vegan friendly of course.
- 3 packs Ramen Noodles(any flavor because you don’t need the seasoning packet)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or vegan-friendly sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Zucchini (medium chop)
- Broccoli (frozen florets)
- White onion (peeled, medium chop)
- Red bell pepper (cored, seeded, and julienned)
- Olive Oil
- Cut and chop vegetables. I always use frozen broccoli steam bags. Microwave broccoli and drain bag.
- Add olive oil to a skillet, heat on low. When skillet is warm, add chopped vegetables and broccoli. Increase heat in skillet, stir occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients while whisking, heat on low to medium. Stir occasionally.
- In a large pot, add water, enough to cover Ramen Noodles. Heat on hight until boiling.
- When water begins to boil, add Ramen Noodles, allow to boil for about 6 minutes or until noodles are fully separated and appear soft.
- Remove vegetables from heat (vegetables should appear tender by now).
- Drain noodles and place in a large bowl.
- Place vegetables in the bowl and gently toss with noodles.
- Pour sauce on top of vegetables and noodles and gently toss.
- Serve and top with additional soy sauce or Tamari
need to try this!!! so yummy
I think the next time I try it with the additions I will like it better. The original was just so garlic-y!
LikeLiked by 1 person