Everyone has a taco soup recipe and here’s mine. I’m sure it is pretty similar to yours. It’s delicious and hearty and filling. I use a little shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese and a tablespoon of fat free sour cream so it is kind of healthy. Unfortunately, it has a lot of vegetables in it so I am the only one in my house that eats it which means I don’t get to make it very much because after eating an entire crock pot full of soup by yourself you kind of get your fill for a while. I use the canned Daily Chef All Natural Chicken Breast from Sam’s Club. The next time I make it I may brown ground beef and add it instead of the chicken.
- 1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can chili beans (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 can chicken breast (drained)
- Drain canned chicken and use a fork to break pieces apart. If you do not use canned chicken, boil, bake or grill chicken breast and then shred or break apart after cooking.
- Pour all ingredients into slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 8 hours.
- In a soup bowl, top soup with shredded cheese, and fat-free sour cream.
Yields 9.5 cups and according to my calculations, it is about 185 calories per cup (not counting the sour cream and shredded cheese).