These are cauliflower bites and with ranch dressing, they are delicious. I found this recipe on Damn Delicious and their bites turned out pretty and brown. Mine look liked chicken nuggets. However, I cooked mine differently. I tried the skillet as instructed, cooking only a few at a time but it was messy and taking way too long so I switched to a small pot and poured enough vegetable oil inside that the florets were covered completely. I made my own deep fryer and was able to cook more at a time than the 5 or 6 that the original website instructed. I enjoyed eating them and even anti-vegetable Matt liked them.
- 1 1/2 Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Emeril’s Essence Seasoning
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium-high heat. I suggest a smaller pot so that you can make sure each floret is covered with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan and Emeril’s Essence; set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge cauliflower in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture.
- Add cauliflower to pot and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.