Ok, these are healthy brownies. I found the recipe on Pinterest pinned as 37 calorie brownies. Instead of using Truvia I used sugar and instead of nonfat greek yogurt I used fat free sour cream (I didn’t have any yogurt) so mine ended up being about 107 per brownie. They taste like healthy brownies with a consistency similar to Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies but if you are on a diet and you really want a brownie type dessert this will work. I have some suggestions to make this recipe less healthy and more delicious as well.
Here is the healthy version:
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt ( I used fat free sour cream)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Truvia (I used 1 cup sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a square baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor or a blender, and blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out pretty clean. (It took mine about 20 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Now, how to make these things taste better and completely defeat the purpose of making healthy brownies (or you could just use of those packets made by Ghirardelli).
Add a cup of pecans or walnuts.
Add a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Use nonfat Vanilla Greek yogurt.
Use more than a cup of sugar.